Michigan State University’s block S is a custom graphic treatment. It is vertical in stature and contains subtle graphic styling, making it unique among similar letterforms.
The block S is a university heritage mark available for use by all Michigan State University units, however it is not recommended for use on communications intended for external audiences.
- Display the block S only in Spartan green (Pantone Matching System ink color 567 or hex code 18453B for web), black or white.
- Do not substitute the block S for the Michigan State University wordmark, which should appear on all external MSU publications, websites and other visual communications.
- The block S is not a substitute for the Spartan helmet.
- Use only approved, unaltered versions of the block S.
- Do not recreate the block S.
- Do not use the block S to replace a letterform in any name or word.
- Do not combine the block S with or place within any other marks, graphic elements or words.
- Do not alter the block S except to enlarge or reduce proportionally.
- The block S may be used on giveaway promotional items such as T-shirts, mugs, key chains, etc., with prior written approval from University Licensing Programs (See Use of Trademarks on Promotional Items).
Download Block S
Want to learn more?
Next Section: Wordmark/Helmet